“Can you breed horses in Minecraft?”, “How do you breed horses in Minecraft?” – These are the most searched questions on the Minecraft platform. Many new Minecraft players are not aware that they can really breed horses. In this post, we will show you how to breed horses in Minecraft.
Horse breeding Minecraft technique allows you to create a foal using two horses. In Minecraft, breeding horses is very important. You can get your dream horse by using this. You don’t have to worry because we are here to guide you.
What do you need to breed horses?
On Minecraft, how to breed horses is the most common question. First, we must know what all things are needed to breed the horses. You must have all the necessary items with you. Here are the things you will need.
- Horses: You need two horses for breeding. It is better if you already have tamed horses. But if you don’t, you need to find wild horses and tame them by giving apples or carrots. Most animals eat carrots and apples in Minecraft.
- Golden apples: To create a foal, you need golden apples. Only after you give them golden apples, they will breed.
How to breed horses:
These are some steps you need to follow to breed horses. Minecraft players can follow these steps to know, how to mate horses in Minecraft.
Step 1: Tame the horse.
The first step is to tame the horses. Follow these steps to tame the horses.
- Collect around 40 apples. You need at least 20 apples to tame a horse. And for breeding, you need two horses. One should be a colt(male), and the other should be a filly (female).
- Now you need to find horses. You will find them in grassy areas.
- Now you need to equip the apple before you approach the horse.
- You have to keep selecting the horse so that it stops eating.
- Try to mount the horse now. You have to keep your hands empty and keep selecting the horse to mount it.
- Once the red heart appears, you can get down. This means the horse is tamed.
- You have to repeat this several times to tame the horse completely.
- Now follow the same steps to tame another horse.
- Create a fence around the tamed horses, so they won’t run away.
Step 2: Breeding
This is the step where they actually mate. Follow the Minecraft horse breeding guide given below.
You need to acquire resources for golden apples. To craft two golden apples, you will need two apples and 16 gold bars.
- Now you need to craft two golden apples by using these items. Place them correctly in the crafting table grid. The apple should be in the middlebox, and all other boxes should contain gold bars.
- Once the golden apples are created, you need to approach your horses.
- Check their health to make sure they are fine. If they are unhealthy, feed them apples.
- Now you need to take the golden apple in your hands.
- After that, you have to select the horse to give them the golden apple.
- You will see a red heart near the horse’s head. It means they are ready for breeding.
- Now you will be able to see a small horse or foal near them. This is the baby horse.
This is how you can use the breeding horses Minecraft feature to breed horses and create foal easily.