What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media platforms are one of the most popular places in the congregation for end users. Sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter have thousands upon thousands of users. If you are a business looking for an advertising outlet, social media may very well be your answer.
Luckily, most social media platforms are already set up for you to market to an audience. There are a few things to remember before setting up your account on the platform. Most social media platforms require you to create a business account or business page. There are special features you can use with premium accounts that you can’t if you have an ordinary account. This does not necessarily mean the account itself will have a cost, though to advertise, you will certainly accrue a cost.
Though there is some cost involved in advertising, as is the case in all marketing, the affordability is incredible. It’s possible to set a budget as low as $3.00 per day in order to place an advertisement. You also have the luxury of choosing your audience. The audience is who will see your advertisement. This is where a bit of research is useful.
It’s possible to make social media work for your business, but don’t underestimate the work and research which needs to be done in order to get optimal results.
What Ads are the Best?
According to research, video-based posts perform 59% better than ordinary posts. It is for this reason, businesses are investing more of their social media marketing strategies into video-based ads and posts.
$90bn was spent on social network advertising in 2019.
Audiences have shown that they prefer the life experiences and the organic feel of the videos, you still need to plan for the live video. The content should be as natural as possible. Therefore, scripting the video is not advised, however, jot down the key points to be discussed or shared with your audience.
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others
- 85% of the internet audience in the US watch videos on living
- The marketers who use video, have grown their revenue by 49% faster than on-video users
- 64% of the consumers purchase after watching branded social media videos
- It is estimated that by mid-2020, video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic
- Social media videos generate 1200% more shares than text and image content combined.
- 93% of marketers use video in marketing campaigns.
- The average user spends 88% of more time on a website than on a video
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound
- Native videos on Facebook have 10times higher reach compared to Youtube links
Tips to Improve Your Video Ads:
- Caption Videos: Most viewers of social media videos watch with no sound. To effectively engage them, caption your videos to allow the video to follow along with the content.
- It’s estimated that the viewer engages with the video within the first few seconds. Ensure the content of the videos is engaging especially at the beginning of the videos.
- To be effective with video ads, create “snack-ads”. These videos are about 5-10 seconds long. However, if you are telling a story keep the videos about 1-2 minutes. Otherwise, keep them 10-30 seconds long.
- When doing a live video, the first tip to remember is to ENGAGE the audience. Keep the videos up-bit, remember to welcome users who are joining the video. Address them by their first and last names, get the users involved by having conversations with them. Finally, remember to encourage them to leave a comment on their view about the video. And they are welcome to ask questions.
- Please keep videos mobile-friendly. The reason is that the majority of the users log in from their mobile devices.
- Remember to stay true to your brand. Your videos should be branded for ease in identification by your audience.
- Be Unique and Authentic! You are allowed to be inspired by other brands. However, avoid the copy-paste mentality. Know who you are as a brand, BE YOURSELF. BE YOUR BRAND.
- Consistency is Key! Plan your video marketing strategy and stick to it.
Facebook sees 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users.
Marketing Tips Not to Be Ignored:
- Use a premium account. This account gives you more insight than a personal account.
- Set objectives. What are you looking to gain: Recognition? Bring awareness to your company? Increase sales?
- Know your audience. This will aid you as you craft suitable content that targets directly to your audience.
- Create a stunning profile. Make a first great impression by showing off your personality. Give people good reasons to follow your feeds.
- Pick the appropriate profile photo. Ideally, your profile picture should be your logo. This increases credibility and allows visitors to see you at a glance for who you are.
- Visually compelling content. Rule of thumb is to always make your posts look great!
- Use hashtags wisely. Hashtags are key to increasing visibility and discoverability. Making sure the hashtags are relevant, specific to your niche and do not encourage “follow-or-like-swapping”.
- Post at appropriate times. Depending on your industry, know the best time that suits your business to post.
- Engage. This can not be stressed enough. Do not ignore comments and do not interact with any other profile.
- Always have great captions.
Whether you are running a small business and you are single-handedly managing your social media accounts yourself, or maybe you are part of a large corporation with a team of social media marketers, the time to amp up your social media strategy is right now!